Sunday, February 3, 2013

my typical day


a typical day of eating and staying fit for me. 

please keep in mind your goal for this challenge. mine is to lose weight, have more energy and most importantly feel all around healthy and an overall well-being (less bloated and sluggish from food, mentally healthy, less stress, etc.) 

6:30am 
hot water with lemon 
green shake 
[recipe] 
orange 
cucumber 
celery 
carrots 
mini bells or 1/2 of regular peppers - green, yellow or red 
handful of kale 
berries 
1/2 banana 
other options: 
turmeric 
ginger 
1/2 lemon  (peel lemon) 
beets 
the possibilities are endless with green smoothies. just play around until you find a combination of greens with a few fruits. don't skip the kale.




crossfit at 9am 

10:45am 
breakfast scrambled or sunny side up egg (i usually use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white) 
chop cucumber, tomato and avocado and top the egg with this mixture. sprinkle za'atar (you can find this spice at any middle eastern store) 
if i feel very hungry or had a hard workout i add turkey or chicken to the egg scramble. 

1:30pm 
snack on carrots, celery add almonds or almond butter. another option is a hard boiled egg and or apple and nuts. 

3pm this is the hardest time of the day for me. this is the time i when I crave crunch, sweet &/or salty. 
my plan is to survive this craving with kale chips, sweet potato chips (cut sweet potato very thinly, spray lightly with coconut oil add salt and bake for 15 minutes on 375-425. I have never tried this recipe so I will let you know how it goes. 

any other suggestions are highly embraced soon after i will prepare for dinner. we eat dinner very early sine we have small kids. dinner will be something off my menu/recipe cheat sheet. you can review my recipes/menu page here. 

disclaimer: i am neither an expert in paleo or crossfit, just sharing my lifestyle. it may seem like i eat at odd times, it works with my families schedule (have to work with and around my young kids schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment