on wednesday night i hosted our very anticipated first healing circle with my mom's group. there are many different types of sisterhoods, we are following one that was created by a friend's friend on the east coast. in her vision for a women's healing circle she writes;
My intention in forming these circles is to create a space where we, as mothers specifically, can come together to “re-member” ourselves by putting the pieces of ourselves that we may have lost, forgotten, or otherwise put aside back together to find wholeness again. These circles are also a place to let go of the pieces of our conditioning that no longer serve us and our families, and to use our experiences as mothers as a way of awakening. I specifically chose to work with mothers as a group, not only because it’s what I know and where I currently am placed in life, but more importantly because as mothers we have the ear of the next generation and we are “going boldly where no one has gone before”: We are being called upon to awaken ourselves, in addition to giving to our children what we never received or even saw modeled. And we don’t have the luxury of doing this in renunciation to life.this night was a success, i felt so alive and connected, and was living life at that very moment.
here are some shots of our collective togetherness of food goodness
i forgot about kabobs. they are such a delicious and easy way to mix protein with veg. i started with this recipe and adapted it to this;
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 packs of costco organic chicken, these are large so thankfully it made a lot and was able to get at least 24 skewers)
- veggies such as; 2 packs of organic mushrooms, onion, 2 red peppers, asparagus, tomatoes and pineapple. you can add any of your fav veg and fruit,
- 1 tbsp garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (one for chicken bag and one for veg bag)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (one for chicken bag and one for veg bag)
- Chop your chicken into bite sized pieces. (Approximately 1 or 1-1/2 inch square cubes)
- Place chicken in a ziplock back, and add the garlic, onion, lemon juice and zest, olive oil to a ziplock bag and shake all round. make sure you mix and shake that bag full of goodness. Place in fridge to marinate.
- Wash and chop all veggies and place in another ziplock bag. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Mix it up and place in fridge. Let both chicken and veg marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Now add your chicken and veg/fruit to your skewers. You can make these look much prettier than I did.
- Grill each side for about 5 minutes.
how do you celebrate with friends? what's your favorite dish to bring to a potluck?