Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Meditate {for stress release & clarity}

Right now I am dealing with some stomach and fatigue issues. Most likely my diet will have to change, it's my bodies way of telling me that I need to tweak what I've been doing. Not only do I have to change my food, but also my way of dealing with stress. I thought that with intense exercise I released my stresses for the day but maybe that's not so true. That voice inside has been telling me to take up meditation for some time now. It's been such a hard practice for me to start but I've added it to my radical projects for the year (more to come on that later). 

I need to take a few tips from these two, they know when to stop and meditate, smell {pick} the flowers and hold a hand like they never want to let go.

















































































































































Do you meditate? How did you get started? Do you do it by yourself, class, a DVD or an app?

4 comments:

  1. First of all, that pic of V is awesome. But I'm bummed to hear about your stomach stuff- was hoping it would just go away. Your diet is so clean already!

    I don't meditate but I would love to start. For me, quiet writing time serves a similar purpose. But if you ever want to pick up another yoga class, I'd be up to join you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to find a yoga/meditation class all in one. I need both but don't have time for so many different classes.

      Delete
  2. I do meditate but not regularly. I find it comes in waves...I go with what my body/mind are telling me to do. Be introverted or extroverted... I think it ties into if I have enough down time or not. A lot of the time just spending time in my garden or with the chickens or a bike ride down to the lake are just as meditative as sitting in silence. I hope your tummy improves day by day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! And your garden is so serene, I am sure you do some great insights there.

      Delete