Thursday, May 2, 2013

Open for Business

"The nature of process, to one degree or another, involves failure. You have at it. It doesn’t work. You keep pushing. It gets better. But it’s not good. It gets worse. You go at it again. Then you desperately stab at it, believing “this isn’t going to work.” And it does!" --Saul Bass
This quote is the story of my life. I'm always trying different workouts, recipes, parenting styles, business ideas (many I have failed miserably at, but I've not given up!) I'm discovering that failure is part of the process, everyone goes through it and it only brings you closer to either an end result or a new beginning. Karina's post reminded me to push through the hard times and keep working at it, at some point you will surpass the disapppointments.

With Q2 in full force I'm ready to embark on yet another rad project I have set out to fulfill this year. My work phase. I have been struggling with this for over a year. I have an urge to create, explore, expand. Determined and motivated to grow personally, intellectually and creatively. Here's the problem that I think I am finally accepting, I must trash my inner  battles. I don't give myself enough credit, I'm not good enough, creative enough, smart enough. Guess what, it's all bullshit. I have been selling myself a story of total BS. I want to create and the only thing holding me back is ME. That is heavy! This year is about being more me, courageous, honest and accepting.

So, here we go! Wish me luck.

OPEN FOR BUSINESS.



5 comments:

  1. I love the quote. So true and a big story in my life too. We are persistent if nothing else, right? Love it! You are open for business woman! You are doing great things and I am so excited for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem so similar to my own personal story, I keep flopping from one thing to the next, I am excited for you and hopeful for your new success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will keep you updated, the flopping may continue into I find the right fit :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting this.This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete